With Thanksgiving less than a week away, that can only mean one thing—holiday shopping is upon us. While Black Friday and Cyber Monday may not seem like occasions that should be important for boaters, in reality that couldn’t be further from the truth. Black Friday and Cyber Monday reveal some of the industry’s most unbelievable deals for your favorite items when it comes to all things boating, fishing, and watersports.
To start you on your path to find the best holiday shopping sales of the season, take a look at the following boating-related stores that you should keep an eye on as we get closer to Black Friday.
Black Friday 2016 Shopping Guide for Boaters:
Bass Pro Shops
This year Bass Pro Shops is offering two Black Friday sales, including a 5-Day Sale starting on Wednesday, Nov. 23 and a special 6-Hour Flash Sale on the morning of Black Friday from 5am to 11am. Bass Pro Shops will also be open on Thanksgiving Day from 8am to 6pm. Here’s a sneak peak of some of the best boating-related deals offered during both the 5-Day and 6-Hour Flash sales.
- Ascend FS12T Angler Kayak — $549.97 (Regular $599.99 – Save $50)
- Hobbs Creek Limited Outfit — $99.97 (Regular $159.99)
- Humminbird HELIX 7 SI GPS Fishfinder/Chartplotter with free Navionics Plus Map Card — $549.99 (Valued at $899)
- Lowrance HOOK-4 Fishfinder/Chartplotter with Nautic Insight and free sun cover and insight map card — $199.99 (Regular $299.99)
- Lowrance HOOK-9 Fishfinder/Chartplotter — $499.99 (Regular $999.99 – Save $500). This product will be offered in-store during the 6-Hour Sale.
- Lowrance HOOK-7 Fishfinder/Chartplotter — $399.99 (Regular $499.99 – Save $100).
- Shimano Sahara FE Spinning Reels — $49.97 (Regular 79.99 – Save $30)
Similar to Bass Pro Shops, who aquired the chain of stores back in October, Cabela’s is offering a 5-Hour Only Sale on Black Friday starting at 5am. Some of the specials include savings on sonar/GPS models, reels, PFDs, kayaks, and much more. Additionally, if you happen to be one of the first 600 people in line on Friday morning before 5am, you’ll receive one of their free giveaways that include over $8,000 in prizes.
- Lowrance HOOK-9 Mid/High DownScan Sonar/GPS Combo — $549.00 (Regular $999.00 – Save $450)
- Quantum Energy PT Casting Reel — $79.99 (Regular 149.99 – Save 50%)
- Emotion Stealth 11 Angler Kayak — $299.99 (Regular $449.99 – Save $150)
- Quantum Tour KVD PT Casting Reel — $129.99 (Regular $229.99 – Save $100)
- Pflueger President Limited Edition Spnning Reel — $49.99 (Regular $79.99 – Save $30)
- Cabela’s Guidewear 3500 Inflatable PFD — $119.99 (Regular $169.99 – Save $50)
- Raymarine Dragonfly-7 Pro with Nav+ Sonar/GPS Combo — $399.99 (Regular $699.99 – Save $300)
Dick’s Sporting Goods
Kayakers can rejoice at Dick’s Sporting Goods’ “Black Friday Now” Sales for 2016. Starting at 6pm on Thanksgiving Day and running through 2pm on Friday, shoppers can find doorbuster deals on kayaks to save up to $200 off, in addition to lowered prices on Yeti cooler products, stand up paddleboards, reels, rods, and much more. Sale prices will also be available to shoppers online all day on Thanksgiving Day.
- 10’ Trailblazer Kayak – $179.98 (Regular $299.99)
- 10’ Maverick Kayak – $249.98 (Regular $399.99)
- 10’6’’ Trophy Angler Kayak – $299.98 (Regular $449.99)
- Field & Stream 12’ Eagle Run Angler Kayak – $399.98 (Regular $599.99)
Walmart’s Black Friday Sale begins at 6pm on Thanksgiving Day in-store, and runs all day Thursday online. Walmart has a lot to offer in the field of electronics, including GoPro cameras and portable waterproof speakers.
- GoPro HERO Session Bundle Bonus — $179. The Bundle includes The Handler (Floating Hand Grip), and a 16GB microSD card.
- Altec Lansing Mini H20 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker — $19 (Regular $20.92)
- Braven BRV-1 Bluetooth Speaker, Rugged & Waterproof — $39 (Regular $40.88)
Last but not least, we’ve got the scoop on one store that always focuses on everything boating: West Marine. West Marine’s Black Friday Sale lasts five days both in-store and online, starting on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 24, and running through Monday, Nov. 28 (Cyber Monday)—the store will be closed Thanksgiving Day, but online sales will still be available. You can find deals on VHF radios, life jackets, speakers and stereos packages, paddleboards, kayaks, and plenty more where that came from.
- Raymarine eS78 Multi-Function Display & Wuantum Wi-Fi Radome Value Pack — $2,049 (Regular $2299.99 – Save $250)
- West Marine Kingfish II Folding Deck Chairs — $129.99-169.99 (Regular $219.99-259.99 – Save $90)
- Igloo Marine Elite Coolers — $47.99-179.99 (Regular $79.99-299.99 – Save 40%)
- West Marine Windward Paddle Life Jackets — $34.99 (Regular $69.99 – Save 50%)
- Surftech Transport Inflatable Stand-Up Paddleboard — $649.99 (Regular $999.99 – Save $350)
- Jimmy Styks IronHide 330 Stand-Up Paddlesboard — $359.99 (Regular $599.99 – Save 40% + Plus, 20% Off All Regular Priced Jimmy Styks Stand-Up Paddleboards)
- Organized Fishing Driftwood Rolling Rod Rack — $99.99 (Regular $169.99 – Save $70)
Be on the lookout for additional Black Friday deals from the following retailers:
Editor’s Note: This article originally appeared on boats.com. Republished by permission.